Re: orphaning my packages

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 11:19:35PM +0100, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 11:09:35AM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > Ian Zimmerman <itz@speakeasy.org> writes:

> > > I am orphaning my packages, because I lost hope that I can become an
> > > official developer under the present NM process.

> > If you have so much packages you should be able to get an advocate.
> > Nothing wrong with this step of the NM process.

> Actually we could consider sponsors more or less automatically as an
> advocate.

The role of a sponsor is to ensure that a package is ready for
integration into Debian, which is quite a different thing from asserting
that a *maintainer* is ready for integration into Debian. :)  So you
cannot automatically assume that a sponsor is also an advocate, but
your sponsor would always be a good person to ask first to be an
advocate.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer