Debian Development_2

Hi all,
Sorry if I did a wrong thing I didn't know that we can't send html to
the mailing list list.

I am 20 years old and present I'm following the 2nd year of B.Sc. Degree
in Computing from Staffordshire University UK. I also work as a student
lab assistant at APIIT Lanka.

I'm currently settled down with Debian Gnu/Linux and I would like to
join to Debian development, maintenance, bug tracking system and in all
the parts in GNU.

To know more about me please look at the CV - txt version.

Please be kind enough and help me to get in to Debian development.

Thank you,

Chanka perera

Chanka Ashan Perera
E-mail chanka@sdf.lonestar.org
Web http://chanka.freeshell.org

OBJECTIVE

Use my knowledge, experience and professionalism to be excel the trade of Information Technology

PERSONAL BIO DATA

Name in Full   : Weerasuriya Arachchige Chanka Ashan Perera

Date of Birth   : 23rd of July 1982

Sex              : Male

School Attend : Ananda College

Interest and activities        : Surfing Internet, Chatting with friends, reading computer books and Science fictions and
I like to swim and play cricket as other activities

WORK EXPERIENCE (01/01/2002-Present)

Lab Assistant at APIIT-LANKA
Performing all duties related to System Administration on Compaq Proliant 1500 running
Windows 2000 Server, Red Hat Linux 7.1 Server, Solaris 8 on Sun Blade 100 and hardware and software technical support.

EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS

Following 2nd year of Degree (B.Sc.Computing and Information Technology) Staffordshire
University UK (Asia Pacific Institute of information technology, Level 3, Access Towers, 278, Union Place, Colombo 02)

    *
      Completed crash course on JCP(Java Certification) exam syllabus - Studding for Exams
    *
      Completed short term computer programming courses on C/C++
    *
      Microsoft Training and Certification Program This covers two exams of MCSE track.
	Implementing Windows Server and professional Windows 2000 Networks and Operating System Essentials
    *
      Completed MS Visual Basic 5.0 Course at Informatics in year 2000
    *
      G.C.E Advance Level in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
    *
      G.C.E Ordinary Leve

SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE

      Languages :  C/C++,PHP, Java, AWK, HTML

      Operating Systems : I have hands on experience in all of the following Operating
	Systems especially UNIX-SYSTEMS, GNU/Linux : Debian 2.2,woody , RedHat Linux 6.2, 7.0, 7.1,7.2,7.3,SuSe Linux ,Solaris 8.0,SCO-UNIX, Microsoft: MS-DOS,MS-Windows 3.1/95/98/2000/XP

      Computer Hardware : Knowledge of computer hardware and network devices

SPORTS

Athletics at Ananda College Having Sports Certificates in Athletics( Inter Schools and
Ananda College sports meets every year 1988-2001) Swimming, Cricket, Tennis and Chess at Inter House Level.

EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES

    Member of Lanka Linux User Group http://lug.lk

    Member and Board Member of College Clubs and Societies (Computer Club, Interact  Club,
	Chemistry and Physics Club, United Nations etc.)

    I represented Ananda College Computer Club in Exhibitions,
	including Quiz competition organized by Sirasa FM, APIIT-LANKA, and other schools