Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> wrote:
[...]
> Against my better judgement, I've begun work on packaging a pine
> lookalike wrapper script for mutt.
[...]

You'll have at least three big problems, which are probably not 100%
solvable.
* no configuration menu
* no integrated addressbook. (I know abook and the power of pressing
  <TAB>, but pine's addressbook is integrated better.
* No included editor (no way to access the addressbook to add more
  recipients while editing a message.

Nevertheless it is great that you invest invest time in this, it might
help people willing to switch.

BTW one of mutt's greatest advantages to pine is that it is localized.
              cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_