Re: orphaning my packages

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 04:54:43AM -0600, Matt Hope wrote:

> : > Debian, please note, this is one more talented worker being lost
> : > because of some people in Debian being unable to do their jobs.

> If I recall correctly (the page is currently down), Ian didn't get an
> advocate. I've not seen him ask for anything like this on
> debian-mentors@lists (he has posted on other topics), so I'm not sure
> what troubles he had securing an advocate.

> : if people need help with the application process, i am volunteering to
> : be advocate, AM, or whatever else is needed.

> To become an advocate, sign up to the debian-mentor@lists email
> list. People often request sponsorship or package review there.

But this is upside down!  An advocate is someone who has worked with the
applicant, and can vouch first-hand for his fitness to become a DD.  How
would requesting an advocate on debian-mentors fit with that?  Is the
applicant in question not actually involved with Debian work yet, or do
none of the people he's worked with feel he should be a DD (!)?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer