Re: Not just a dpkg/run-parts problem

On 17-Nov-02, 13:30 (CST), Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I am glad to see this subject raised again.  I raised it
> twice before:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-policy/2002/debian-policy-200203/msg00036.html
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-policy/2002/debian-policy-200204/msg00132.html

Huh. I even replied to one of them. Interestingly, I thought that the
spec was the right thing to do, w/o a library function. Times change.

Anyway, "legal package names" is probably insufficient, as we must deal
with the LSB namespace.

Clint, if I coded a shared library and a couple of programs that
filtered filenames according to whatever the standard of the day was,
would you add it to debianutils and use it in run-parts? Oh crap, I
suppose that implies a debianutils-dev as well, which means it might be
more than you want to deal with.

(Oh, if you haven't been following the thread, start here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200211/msg01276.html)

Steve

--
Steve Greenland