Re: opening -private archives (was Re: Discussion - non-free software removal)

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, Joey Hess wrote:
> Branden Robinson wrote:
>> Debian Developers can review the process that produced the Social
>> Contract and Free Software Guidelines by looking at the following
>> files:
>
> I'm going completly offtopic, but this is an excellent example of why
> we should open up debian-private archives after x years, or at least
> allow developers to repost from debian-private with due discretion.

In a bit of me-tooism, I'd also like to see these archives opened,
especially so those of us who are not (yet) DDs can gain insight into
the history of the project.

I expect, though, that there will be some posts that will need to be
restricted due to private information that should not be shared with
the world in general. However, for the most part, I expect -private
archives could be made available to the public at large, at least for
important discussions in the project's past.

Don Armstrong

--
I leave the show floor, but not before a pack of caffeinated Jolt gum
is thrust at me by a hyperactive girl screaming, "Chew more! Do more!"

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu