On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 02:36, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Adam McKenna <adam@flounder.net> writes:
>
> > The only "social cost" that I've seen semi-effectively argued so far
> > is that "some people think non-free is part of Debian".  I've yet to
> > see a compelling argument as to why the remedy for this particular
> > problem is to remove non-free from our archive.
>
> Well, it seems clear to me that it would help remedy the problem.
>
> But I'm open to suggestions: do you have a better remedy to propose?

yes, don't ask if you want it in the installer.

Since we ask in the Debian GNU/Linux installer, people might think it's
part of Debian GNU/Linux.  If we don't ask, it becomes a service we (as
a project, not as a product) are willing to provide our users (which is
what it was supposed to be from the beginning)

shaya