Re: Flame against non-free burning, time to think.

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 02:13:12PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 08:03:53PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > "They should die because they are not needed" is the right approach.
> > > Time shall solve the problem.
> >
> > It hasn't so far.  We have added packages to non-free faster than we've
> > been getting rid of them.[1]
>
> That doesn't have to mean anything, because we are generally slow as shit
> when it comes to weeding things out.

Under Osamu Aoki's theory of package retention, we shouldn't be weeding
anything out of non-free as long as even one user still finds the
package useful.

I'd speculate that he feels the same way about main.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Good judgement comes from
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     experience; experience comes from