    Pankaj> Once upon a time I installed tomcat without j2sdk
    Pankaj> i.e. using jikes. So I think he is blindly claiming
    Pankaj> without try out any thing. As a developer I didn't ever
    Pankaj> need any non-free software in last two year.

Tomcat3 or Tomcat4?

rabbit% apt-cache show tomcat4
Package: tomcat4
Section: contrib/web
Installed-Size: 328
Maintainer: Stefan Gybas <sgybas@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 4.1.12-3
Depends: java2-runtime, java2-compiler, libtomcat4-java (>= 4.1.9-1), ant, logrotate, adduser (>= 3.34)

--
Stephen

To Republicans, limited government means not assisting people they
would sooner see shoveled into mass graves. -- Kenneth R. Kahn