On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 10:27:34PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> And that's exactly what John's GR is trying to get us to do better: lead
> by example.  Right now our example is:
>
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free/
>
> How does one deduce from that URL that "non-free" is not "part of
> Debian"?

The logical response to this is to move contrib and non-free to
http://ftp.debian.org/non-debian/, just as on most servers that host
both {main,contrib,non-free} and non-US/{main,contrib,non-free}, the
former is in /debian/ and the latter is in /debian-non-US/.

If you wanted to, you could even put it on other.debian.org (I'm not sure if
other has the facilities to handle this, but it's an option). This would
be a much less drastic change than the pool conversion. Or you might
even be able to use not.debian.net (which is a CNAME for some debian
server).

--
Brian M. Carlson <sandals@crustytoothpaste.ath.cx> 0x560553e7
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare