Re: A Round of Removals

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 06:51:02PM -0500, Branden Robinson scrawled:
> On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 02:40:02AM +0200, Grzegorz Prokopski wrote:
> > Unfortunatelly some internet banking pages (electronic money - ya
> > know) - work only with old netscape (and IE but that doesn't help much).
> > Or I'd better say - with java that comes with old netscape, but
> > that's effectively the same.
> >
> > That's the reason I still have NN on my unstable. It's the only
> > linux browser that gives me and many other people access to their
> > accounts via Internet.
>
> That's generally not true, in my experience.
>
> Just configure your browser to lie in the User-Agent field.
>
> Most sites claim to be incompatible with anything except IE 5/6 and or
> Netscape 4, but Mozilla -- and usually Konqueror, too -- deal with them
> just fine.

Thankfully, my bank (http://www.westpac.com.au), is listed as a "Saint"
in thereg for compatibility. It's pure HTML, and doesn't even try to
detect which browser you're using. Whoo! (And I just signed up with them
because their card looked really cool ...)

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>
Developer - http://kopete.kde.org, http://www.kde.org