NMU for ngrep, what to do?

Hi,

since I would dislike to see ngrep beeing removed from unstable I would
like to do an NMU, but I'm unsure about the exact procedure in this
case.

It's a bug which affects only SPARC and there is a patch available in
the BTS. I'm not sure if this was sent upstream. Should i simply build
a new ngrep-package with the patch and do an NMU (to prevent the
removal and to close the bug) and send the patch to the maintainer and
upstream (again)?

Can someone please comment on this?

- Alexander

--
"fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity"