Re: A Round of Removals

Jochen Voss <jvoss2@web.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 10:58:36AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
>> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
>> > Those of you who didn't sense the malicious subtext of the above,
>> > may wish to have another look at that URL fairly soon. In particular,
>> > a large number of effectively unmaintained packages on that list have
>> > been marked for removal.  [...]

>> Is there a list available with just the [REMOVE] packages, rather than
>> getting the lists of all packages and searching

> I doubt that all of these packages are "effectively unmaintained",
> but from dissecting the html file I get the following list.
[...]
>  fcron
[...]

This had an upload on 8. October, which is supposed to fix the RC bug
(postinst loops infinitely on platforms with signed characters, like
PowerPC.) It looks like the only problem is that nobody has a PowerPC
at hand to verify the bugfix. If you do - please test and tag as
fixed, or close it.
                 cu andreas