Re: A Round of Removals

Le Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 04:17:04PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman écrivait :
> On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 09:55:47PM +0200, Jochen Voss wrote:
>
> Both acroread and netscape have security bugs that we CANNOT reasonably fix
> due to their non-freeness.  These are probably two of the most justified
> removals.  It is possible that newer versions of Netscape Navigator (at
> least 4.79 seems to exist) may fix this bug, but I cannot say for sure.
> Newer versions of Acrobat Reader are not redistributable (see the BTS), so
> this needs to go anyway.

However, there is a new version of acroread which is available (5.06).
Christian Marillat has already packaged it (http://marillat.free.fr).

It think it closes not all the bugs, but a lot of them.

Before removing a package, I think it is a good idea to verify if the
version present in the Debian archive is the latest available.

Aurelien