Re: why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

 Vince> On 10/25/2002 11:43:27 AM Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>    I am concerned that there is no effort being invested to help
>>  this process of discovery; and so much effort is being spent on the
>>  initial simplicity that there is no room for the transition that
>>  comes from familiarity and exploration.  The initial ease of use
>>  would become a strait jacket. Unless the barrier to accessing more
>>  complete menus is lowered.

 Vince> It was inevitable, that some open-source people would
 Vince> eventually try to create an open-source "Microsoft Bob(tm)"

	What on earth has bob got to with helping users to transition
 out of the newbie status?

	manoj
--
 Finding the occasional straw of truth awash in a great ocean of
 confusion and bamboozle requires intelligence, vigilance, dedication
 Detection," Parade, February 1, 1987