Re: Woody + Dell PowerEdge = disaster.

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 05:55:29PM +0200, Jakub Turski wrote:
>  It doesn't seem to see /dev/sda.
> Ooops, no megaraid support in kernel.

I ran into a similar problem :)

http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2002-September/003971.html

>  Question: why on earth there are no untarred modules on the CD? It is a
> *compact disc*, big load of free space, why there's only .bin and  .tgz?
> It would save me some work then.

I suppose it would be pretty trivial to do those two tar xzf's in the CD
build process, but it doesn't seem like something that's just "forgotten"...
maybe we're just too attached to the concept of boot-_floppies_ :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.