Re: non-pristine sources under pool/

Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 05:56:42PM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>
> > Magnus Damm <damm@opensource.se> writes:
> >
> > > Or does the debian build system require .orig-extension?
> >
> > Yes, if it is not a Debian native package.
>
> No, it does not.  It may have at some distant point in the past, but if so
> it was before I got involved with Debian (years).

I was thinking of the original source's tarball when answering that
question.  I do believe that still needs an .orig extension.  As for
the top level directory name, that's another matter.

# I now realize that I may not have answered Magnus' question the
# first time around :-)
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, ECS
LPIC-2               -- I hack, therefore I am --                 BOFH