Re: why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

<quote who="Nick Leverton"/>

> I'm with the "Want to group like tasks with like" camp, myself.  But why
> not make it an Option[tm] ?

*smack*

> Have a configurable bit in the menu program called "Flatten Debian" or
> something, which will fold any "/Debian" menu into the level above it.

Do not make user preferences as an escape from actually making a decision.

Surely working with the freedesktop.org vFolder standard and providing menus
for non desktop-affiliated software by default is infinitely more useful to
your users than yet another option (especially one that sounds so violent;
no, I do not wish to flatten my OS, thank you).

:-)

- Jeff

--
                      Is Murphy's Law constitutional?