Re: problem with glibc and crossover office?

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 06:17:52PM -0400, Shaya Potter <spotter@cs.columbia.edu> was heard to say:
> It stopped working for me sometime (not sure when)
>
> I get this error that might be related
>
> /home/spotter/cxoffice/bin/wineloader: relocation error:
> /home/spotter/cxoffice/lib/libntdll.dll.so: symbol __libc_fork, version
> GLIBC_2.1.2 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
>
> it at one point deffinitly worked.
>
> glibc version is Version: 2.3.1-1
>
> anyone seen this?

  AIUI, some internal symbols changed name in the new glibc version.
You need to recompile and relink the program against 2.3.1.

  Daniel

|            Whoever created the human body left in a fairly basic            |
|            design flaw.  It has a tendency to bend at the knees.            |
|              -- Terry Pratchett, _Men at Arms_                              |
\---- Be like the kid in the movie!  Play chess! -- http://www.uschess.org ---/