Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

On 10/23/2002 5:09 PM, Osamu Aoki at osamu@debian.org wrote:

> Most sensible thing is not to limit terminal to one choice.
>
> Let's select the best of breed with reason.  I think one for barebome C
> locale and one for UTF-8/multibyte is reasonable.  So why not one from
> xterm/rxvt/... and one from mlterm/...  I have hardtime imagining X
> without the good old (stable) xterm :-)

Heh.  Yeah, that was why my first tentative suggestion was for xterm - a
stable and good old choice :-)

But if mlterm could be shown to be as stable, or nearly as stable as xterm,
do you think it would suffice as the single default choice?

Or maybe the menu should present only one choice, but which choice is chosen
based upon locale to suit the user during installation. xterm for some,
mlterm for others, but only one "Terminal" selection available in the menu
hierarchy.  Does this sound like a good way to go?

Cheers,
Luke Seubert