Re: Bad signature, was: Re: Need a stable NMU'er please ...

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 12:02:44PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 10:35:57AM -0400, Elie Rosenblum wrote:
> >I believe I tracked it down. The problem is, I believe the key is
> >permanently an IDEA key, created with pgp2 (in 1997). gpg refuses to
>
> That's not the problem. I have the idea module installed and can verify
> other people's idea signatures--just not this one.

Indeed, I verified this also.

The only IDEA problem remaining is that as far as I can tell the debian
package is no longer maintained, and the one I had installed didn't seem
to work. When I grabbed idea.c.gz from the FTP site and compiled it
myself I got it working.

I've still got my old key, but I've generated a new key and cross-signed
the two keys before updating the key servers. Hopefully keyring maint
issues will be straightened out soon so I can get the new key added and
be rid of the RSA/IDEA bits.

--
Elie Rosenblum                 That is not dead which can eternal lie,
http://www.cosanostra.net   And with strange aeons even death may die.