Re: Make Debian better (Re: Two Debian 3.0 reviews at Slashdot)

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 11:32:29PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Oh, poppycock.  Users don't report bugs to do us any *favors*, they
> report bugs out of self-interest.  How many users go out of their way to
> look for bugs that don't actually impede their use of the software?

Not many, however, the day-to-day, casual sid users do provide the
important favor of giving Debian a workout while it's being developed.

> Debian should work, but I as far as I can see, the only way for you to
> change this is by becoming a maintainer to make sure there's enough
> manpower to go around -- which may help reduce the work imposed upon

While I can't currently commit to a date, I'm waiting until times get
a little better and I don't have so much of my day spoken for that I
can take on maintainership of a package orphaned or up for adoption.

--
Baloo