Re: JOEL BAKER, STOP TELLING PEOPLE TO DEPEND ON LIBC-DEV *INSTEAD* OF LIBC6-DEV

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > and says "Shit! Which one should I install?". Your build thus fails.
>
> Why don't we fix apt-get instead of kludging all of our packages?

My thoughts exactly...

> Purely virtual dependencies should be quite acceptable. I'm surprised
> policy says otherwise...

Indeed. It's not like we're even talking about versioned provides here, just
plain dependencies...  apt should be able to deal with them when it can
decide which one to install based on priorities.

  Henrique Holschuh