Re: new maintainter process [was: Re: Orphaning my packages]

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 12:37:42AM +0200, Oliver Kurth wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 04:01:20PM -0500, Brad Felmey wrote:
> > On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 00:48, Joseph Carter wrote:
> >
> > > To save time and
> > > and once again slay this rotting corpse of a beaten horse:
> > <snip>
> >
> > Thank you for clarifying that. I'd been encouraged by someone I respect
> > to volunteer in the Debian project. This post and the others in this
> > thread have convinced me that it would be a complete waste of time I
> > don't have.
>
> I think I wouldn't react in this way. Although it is frustrating to
> wait that long, you do not really loose time, _execpt_ that you
> always have to ask for sponsors.
>
> You just now know what to expect, ie. a long waiting time. If you know that
> you want to be a DD in, say, half a year, apply now.
>
> And I still hope that the process changes. Maybe I am naive...

Oh my.  Half a year?  Am I to understand that it takes the average DD
applicant six months to go through this process?

--
Pardo's First Postulate: Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral,
or fattening.  Arnold's Addendum: Everything else causes cancer in rats.