An Urgent Plea For Help

Dear Sir/Madam,

You may be surprised to receive this letter from me since you do not know me personally. I am Mrs. Theresa Makagbo, the wife of Chief John Makagbo, who was recently murdered in the land dispute in Zimbabwe.

My late husband was among the few black Zimbabwean rich farmers murdered in cold blood by the agents of the ruling government of president Robert Mugabe for his alleged support and sympathy for the Zimbabwean opposition party controlled by the white minority.

Before his death he had taken to Dakar-Senegal and deposited the sum of US$ 13.5 Million (Thirteen Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) with a Security and Finance Company, sensing the looming danger in Zimbabwe.

My husband declared the money as classified documents to the Security Company. This was aimed at distracting the attention of government agents who would want to pry into such a huge amount of money.

The land crisis that claimed my husband's life arose when President Mugabe introduced a new "land act? that wholly affected the rich white farmers, while very few blacks unanimously condemned the illegal policy adopted by the government. This resulted to rampant killing and maiming of unsuspecting white minority and their black counterpart by the war veterans and some political thugs.

Owing to this hostility, quite a number of white minority farmers and their black supporters have been gruesomely murdered. This incidence has recieved both local and international condemnation, especially from the western countries and yet the defiant President Mugabe is still less perturb and fully in control.

Subsequently, the South African Development Community (S.A.D.C) has continuously supported Mugabe's new land act. It is against this backdrop that my family who are currently forced into exile in various countries decided to transfer the money from its current location out of Africa. Please sir, kindly be in contact with my son for proper briefing and understanding. He is currently seeking political asylum in the Netherlands. His name is Festus Makagbo and his phone number is +31-621-944-500 while his email address is fmakagbo1@hotmail.com. Right now, I and my other two children are in a hideout in Dakar Senegal.

We are faced with the dilemma of investing this money in Africa as President Mugabe is bent on frustrating the minority farmers; hence I resolved to search for a reliable business oriented person who can help us invest these funds. My problem is compounded with the fact that I am incapacitated with President Mugabe's act of terrorism.

For your assistance, we are offering you 20% of the total sum, 70% for my family while 10% is set out for any expenses we may incurs during the course of this transaction.

Finally, if my request is acceptable by you, please confirm your interest by responding swiftly.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Theresa Makagbo