Re: Need help with bug#130805 (crash on Sony Vaio laptops)

Hallo Joe,

thank you for your hint.

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 12:08:00PM -0500, Joe Wreschnig wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 11:28, Jochen Voss wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need some help with bug #130805.  The bug submitter's
> > Sony Vaio laptop crashed on some command.  Details are at
> >
> >     http://bugs.debian.org/130805
> >
> > As I do not own such a machine I cannot do much about this.
> > So my request is: could anybody with a Sony Vaio laptop try
> > the following:
> >
> >     1) Install the fdutils package
> >     2) Remove the floppy drive
> >     3) Prepare for a possible crash (save all open
> >        files, execute 'sync', ...)
> >     4) Run the command "/usr/sbin/MAKEFLOPPIES -g"
>
> I don't have a USB floppy drive so I can't test this,

Actually you can.  The problem occurs when no floppy drive
is attached.  Do you think the USB hard locks could occur
nevertheless?  I would be glad if you could try the
MAKEFLOPPIES call as described above.

Jochen
--
                                         Omm