Re: [PHP] Standard placement of PHP libraries?

On 03/10/2002 Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > It mandates an unnecessary standard for resolving namespace conflicts,
> > > and it is incompatible with upstream naming conventions in the PEAR
> > > repository (where PEAR is increasingly equivalent to CPAN).
> >
> > Then /usr/share/php/inc/<packagename> could be a solution?
>
> No, that would be the same proposal as above, with an extra directory
> needlessly added to the path.

But it's sure that there are filename conflicts. I saw db_connect.inc
thousands of times. And others also. Also, there are often subdirs:
general.inc
db/connect.inc
db/sync.inc
layout/head.inc
layout/body.inc
layout/footer.inc
Or some other stupid examples. It's terrible to package such software
then. And also for these cases, there are nearly always name conflicts.

bye
 mejo

--
Wir nehmen Abschied in Liebe und in Dankbarkeit.
    In stiller Trauer beim letzten Geleit.