Re: pbuilder automation

Jeremy T. Bouse writes:
 > 	Actually I have a script that does a CVS checkout from the
 > upstreams CVS repository and creates the upstream tarball...

 > ... Makes
 > it really easy to upload the official packages once the code is released
 > as a new version as I've been building nitely from CVS...

I'd like that script too.

Exactly the way to go with VTK. That project normally rolls nightly
builds from CVS with tests. The testing results get posted, see
http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Dashboard/20020928-0300-Nightly/Dashboard.html
(to pick an interesting day for Debian).

The VTK folk have some Tcl scripts to manage builds. I used to be
really impressed by the VTK process and web page reports, but now
Debian has the PTS, and such things like
http://packages.qa.debian.org/v/vtk.html

-Maitland