XDirectFB

Hey,
I would appreciate XDirectFB to become part of the Debian distribution.
>From the upstream README:

"XDirectFB is a rootless X Server using DirectFB windows for
X11 toplevel windows. This way you can adjust the opacity
of every application with your mouse wheel (while holding
CapsLock down over a window).

Window movements are initiated by the applications or
the window manager. The graphical movement is done by
DirectFB using available hardware acceleration.

Overlapping toplevel windows do not cause expose events,
i.e. redrawing of the window contents, as they are DirectFB
windows and therefore have an own surface, a.k.a. backing store."

XDirectFB is a patch for the XFree86 source, so it needs it to
build. My Question is, you are interested in adding the patch to
the debian-X-distribution. If not, A new 56MB sourcepackage would
have to be built to generate a xserver-directfb package.

I think that would be abuse of debian's resources.

Anyway, if there's no other solution I would like to do it.

Your suggestions are welcome. Thanks and best regards,

DAvid Spreen
              Debian GNU/Linux  - _The_ free oprating system
  David Spreen  -  netzwurm@debian.org - C8B6823A (keyring.debian.org)