Re: pbuilder automation

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 06:23:31PM +0200, Amaya wrote:
> Brian May dijo:
> > 1. build package with pdebuild.
> > 2. sign it for uploading to Debian.
> > 3. upload it to Debian.
>
> Please, don't forget to actually test your packages before upoloading.

Of course not!

My assumption was that the packages were already tested.

However, it should be possible to add an extra step between 2 and 3
if required to do this.

I can only assume so far that nobody has tried to upload
packages generated by pbuilder, or otherwise the process
might be easier...

(although I haven't waited long for a response yet either)

What I probably need is to write a script for 2.

Step 2 would find the *.changes file (in much the same
way debrelease does from the current source code), and
"move" all files from /apt/cache/pbuilder/results to "../",
and then runs debsign on the *.changes file.

Since the files are already in .., debrelease would be
able to find them for uploading.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>