Re: SANE packages unmaintained : intent to take over

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 10:23:28PM +0200, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> As a last note, if you're compiling SANE by hand because of a backend
> not included in the official SANE distribution, please mail me with
> some details about this backend (URL, etc.). I'm thinking of a
> libsane-extras (or whatever) package containing such backends, so
> Debian users would be more comfortable with SANE in Debian.

May I ask what the status is of the HP4200C drivers?

I looked yesterday, and there is a sourceforge project
area with nothing since 2000. Also there is nothing
I can see on the official sane websites.

I suspect the project is dead (now I wish we had purchased
the earlier model, 4100C which does appear to be supported.)
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>