Re: testing: perl not going in???

Brian Bassett wrote:
> Is there currently a problem with testing?  I ask because it appears
> that perl is not going in.  Especially considering how update_excuses is
> showing:
>
> # perl (5.6.1-7 to 5.8.0-13)
>
>     * Maintainer: Brendan O'Dea
>     * 12 days old (needed 10 days)
>     * Valid candidate

Perl transition must not be complete then.

update_output:

trying: perl
skipped: perl (484+2)
    got: 192+0: a-192
    * alpha: abiword, abiword-gnome, abiword-gtk, amavis-exim, amavis-milter, amavis-postfix, apache-perl, axkit, bastille, bk2site, blatte, bonsai, cd-circleprint, courier-faxmail, courier-mta, courier-mta-ssl, dchub, dcopperl, entity, eperl, flexml, foomatic-bin, freewrl, frozen-bubble, gaim, gaim-common, gaim-gnome, gimp1.2-perl, gmoo, gnome-db, gnutrition, grepmail, icoutils, inn, inn2, innfeed, interchange, ipchains-perl, irssi-text, libalias-perl, libapache-authensmb, libapache-db-perl, libapache-mod-perl, libapache-mod-speedycgi, libapache-request-perl, libapt-pkg-perl, libauthen-pam-perl, libauthen-sasl-cyrus-perl, libauthen-smb-perl, libberkeleydb-perl, libbit-vector-perl, libbsd-resource-perl, libcdb-file-perl, libcdk-perl, libcflow-perl, libcompress-zlib-perl, libconvert-uulib-perl, libcorba-orbit-perl, libcrypt-blowfish-perl, libcrypt-cracklib-perl, libcrypt-des-perl, libcrypt-rijndael-perl, libcurl-easy-perl, libcurses-perl, libdate-calc-perl, libdbd-csv-perl, libdbd-mysql-perl, libdbd-odbc-perl, libdbd-pg-perl, libdbd-sybase-perl, libdbi-perl, libdigest-md2-perl, libdigest-md4-perl, libdigest-md5-perl, libdigest-sha1-perl, libfcgi-perl, libfile-sync-perl, libfilter-perl, libft-perl, libgd-noxpm-perl, libgd-perl, libgladexml-perl, libgnome-applet-perl, libgnome-gnorba-perl, libgnome-perl, libgnome-print-perl, libgtk-imlib-perl, libgtk-perl, libgtk-pixbuf-perl, libgtkglarea-perl, libgtkxmhtml-perl, libhtml-embperl-perl, libhtml-parser-perl, libhttp-ghttp-perl, libio-pty-perl, libipc-sharelite-perl, libjcode-pm-perl, libkpathsea-perl, liblocale-gettext-perl, liblockdev1-perl, libmail-cclient-perl, libmime-base64-perl, libmsgcat-perl, libnet-ftpserver-perl, libnet-patricia-perl, libnet-pcap-perl, libnet-rawip-perl, libnet-ssleay-perl, libnet-tclink-perl, libnewt-perl, libopengl-perl, libpcsc-perl, libpgperl, libplot-perl, libproc-process-perl, libpsp-html-parser-perl, libquota-perl, librrds-perl, libsafe-hole-perl, libscalar-list-utils-perl, libsdl-perl, libset-object-perl, libsnmp-perl, libsnmp4.2-dev, libsocket6-perl, libsql-statement-perl, libstorable-perl, libstring-approx-perl, libstring-crc32-perl, libswf-perl, libsys-utmp-perl, libtemplate-perl, libterm-readkey-perl, libterm-readline-gnu-perl, libterm-slang-perl, libtext-csv-perl, libtext-iconv-perl, libtext-kakasi-perl, libtext-unaccent-perl, libtime-hires-perl, libunicode-japanese-perl, libunicode-map-perl, libunicode-map8-perl, libunicode-string-perl, libunix-syslog-perl, libweakref-perl, libxml-libxml-perl, libxml-libxslt-perl, libxml-parser-perl, libxmms-perl, mimedefang, mysql-client, mysql-server, openwebmail, owl, pcsc-tools, pdl, perl-tk, perlmagick, pgperl, pilot-link-perl, pimppa, postgresql-contrib, postit, request-tracker1, sattrack, sattrack-x11, sgmltexi, slice, snap, speedy-cgi-perl, squidguard, swish-e, sympa, trafstats, usenet-indexer, uucpsend, vigor, vile, vile-filters, vim-perl, wdg-html-validator, wml, xchat, xchat-gnome, xchat-text, xezmlm, xml-rpc-api2txt, xvile, yaclc
trying: perl-tk

I suppose that some of the packages listed have versioned depends on perl or on
packages that do and are not built for all architectures or something like
that. The perl 5.8 upgrade is going to need a slew of packages all ready to
move into testing at the same time.

For example, libapache-db-perl depends on perlapi-5.8 in unstable and
perlapi-5.6 in testing and is not yet updated for s390.

--
see shy jo