Re: OpenLDAP maintenance

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 08:45:43PM -0700, Grant Bowman wrote:
> I think it would be great if you could please offer you packages up for
> adoption.  Looking at the Changelog this seems like the right thing to
> do.  It seems clear to me that this package needs more attention than
> you can provide.

Now that's the most discouraging mail that I ever got since working on
Debian. The changelog does not really describe all I am doing for
the OpenLDAP packages. For example I wrote a patch (which is not really
ready but I did not yet get any answer to the suggestion) to get the
libldap dependency in exim dropped so that the normal slapd installation
can have ssl support without the hack with the libldap2-tls package.

The main reason I did not upload anything in the last days is that my
hard disc broke and I spent a lot of time to move the whole system to
a new disc and to check which files were broken. I don't really have the
hardware to do a good backup, I only save my most important files.

If somebody on this list agrees that OpenLDAP needs a new maintainer
I will of course give it away. I don't want to block Debian's
evolution. OTOH I am still very interested in the package.

Greetings

	Torsten