Subject: Re: unable to run flwm after upgrading libfltk1
From: "marijn ros" <marijn@mad.scientist.com>
To: swan@shockfrosted.org
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 13:22:47 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Stefan Schwandter <swan@shockfrosted.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 21:30:59 +0200
To: marijn@mad.scientist.com

> marijn@mad.scientist.com wrote:

> > Today I upgraded libfltk1 from stable to testing. After that, flwm
> > refused to start, leaving me with no option but to downgrade libfltk1 to
> > stable.

> > I haven't checked what exactly went wrong (I wouldn't know how), but as
> > the only change made was libfltk1, I thought you wanted to know this. Of
> > course, if you need more information, just ask.

> Which archiecture?

It's a standard PC (i386), a P120 to be exact.

> With stable you do mean woody or the old stable
> (potato)?

I meant 3.0(woody). I track sarge, actually, that's how I found the problem. And to be complete, I also run gnome from unstable.

> If you mean that you updated from woody (fltk 1.0.11-5) to sarge (fltk
> 1.0.11-6), then I have no idea at the moment. The _one and only_ change
> I made does only affect libfltk1-dbg. Veeery strange.

> What exactly does flwm do when you start it? Try starting it from the
> command line and mail me the error output if there's any.

OK, here it is:

flwm: relocation error: /usr/lib/libfltk.so.1: undefined symbol: __pure_virtual

Does that help?

I'm going to get back to 1.0.11-5 now.

Bye,
 Marijn