Re: Orphaning Unbuildable Packages (fpm)

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 01:03:40PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Software is useful when it's used. In order to keep the discusion
> > real: yes, I'm using fpm. See "the point"?
>
> Then adopt it, or offer arguments against its removal, or continue using
> the version from stable, which is equivalent to having an unmaintained
> package anyway.

According to popcon the package is used by 7 persons, 14 old and 3 have
recently installed it. This is pretty much a low-profile (but not unused)
package.

I agree it is enough to havbe the package in the debian archive (which is
mandatory for GPL reasons anyway) and remove it from the archive. That way a
new maintianer can pick it up from there. I dont think we need a removed
archive, but perhaps the debian archive maintained by joey (if i remebr
correctly) should be featured more accessable. (at least for the latest
version of each removed package)

Greetings
bernd