Re: Orphaning Unbuildable Packages (fpm)

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:
> > The packages builds fine on stable but doesn't on unstable and thus is
>
> Thus it should be removed from unstable, since upstream is dead, it is
> broken, and the maintainer does not want it and won't fix it.

I didn't disagree. You should read my proposal for a "removed" section and
perhaps the alike threads.

> IF you care about it, adopt it.  Otherwise, let it die peacefully...

The "removed" section should contain only orphaned packages.

> > the package to be picked up. I don't mean to sound condescending, however I
> > would like to take this opportunity to point out that this kind of package
> > is a good candidate for a "removed" section that I had proposed.
>
> You mean the morgue?  Believe me, the data is not lost.  We have the old
> ones in stable, which will go to archive.d.o when woody is phased out.  The
> packages in unstable will go to the morgue, to be ressurected if someone
> decides they want it back.

No, I am not a Debian developer and thus I cannot access the morgue on
auric (at least that's what I've been told). Is the old one in stable the
latest release? Even if it is, not all packages have their latest release
archived in stable.

     Drew Daniels