Re: hdparm

Maybe there was an idea behind having separate packages for hwtools and
hdparm.

hwtools is more than just IDE stuff, as I could see from the init.d script.

From my experiences with our debian users in our local user group and from
the point of view of a config tool writer it is more comfortable to have a
script in /etc/init.d and a corresponding .conf file in /etc. Such as for
networking, pcmcia or usbmgr.

I would volunteer to write one if there is any demand.

Proposal (open for suggestions):
Have the following files added to the hdparm package:
/etc/init.d/hdparm
/etc/hdparm.conf

remove hdparm support from hwtools

regards,