Re: Debian crashes Windows2000/IS 5.0

On Friday 20 September 2002 10:24, Mike Dresser wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Boris Duerner wrote:
> > recently I have received the following email from the email
> > administrator, (see end), after he/she blocked my POP3 account.
> > He/she claims that I would crash their servers by receiving email with
> > malformed headers from the debian-devel mailing list. In the last
> > sentence they say they will take email access away from me if I continue
> > being subscribed to the Debian developer mailing list.
>
> Please, send us all a copy of this "malformed mail" so that we may daily
> email a copy to the administrators there :)
>
> Seems to me that if this was really the situation, that I'd take measures
> to fix my BROKEN mail server, not harass the users.
>
> Mike

but it is easier to remove one user's access than it is to ask a commercial
company to fix their servers.

What boggles me is the fact that the pop server is even bothering to look at
the mail because it has no reason to do so.

And yes, I would really like to know what mail is causing this problem also.