Re: Bits from the RM

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 08:27:53PM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
> We need boot floppies with a SE kernel.  They need to run SE install scripts

Why are boot disks important?

FYI: I have have added SE-Linux, FreeSwan, and DOV support to
the kernel-source-2.4.19 package in Debian. I have compiled the
kernel-image-2.4.19-386 source package, based on this kernel.

The kernel-image source package also automatically generates *.udeb
packages which may be of some use in creating a boot disk based on
debian-installer with SE-Linux (not that I really understand the details
involved).

I plan to release the URL later on today.

> to select an appropriate policy and install it before installing any files.
> Then after mounting file systems the version of dpkg to be used has to
> support running postinst scripts to label files with the correct type.

Is support for non-i386 still a problem?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>