Re: Keyring updates

Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> Hi Joey,
>
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 09:30:22AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > So you're not going to work out a path for easy inclusion in
> > keyring.debian.org?  Wonderful and so not useless of a work.
>
> Please, just let him do his work. Maybe the new keyring will not be
> used by our servers at first. But if he shows that he is capable of
> doing the job of keyring mantainer perhaps he can get the blessing
> to also access keyring.debian.org.

I can't stop anybody anyway, I can only point out problems, hoping
that people will understand and think about how the problem could
be solved.  However, I wonder if I should really give up thinking
that people will actually read...

> Also I am having a problem with your attitude.
>
> a) you complain about people discussing the problem instead of
>    working on it

Right.

> b) when somebody stops working on it you complain as well

But only if he starts working in a way the description makes me
assume it will not be compatible with the problem.

But ok, if you want him to do useless work.  I can't stop him
anyway.

However, if it should be useful (though, my definition of usefullness
applies) and lead to an updated keyring.debian.org in the long term,
the description makes me assume that it won't be a result.  But hey,
it's not my time.  So just go on.

> This is not going to help. Let us encourage people doing the work for
> our project.

Useful work, not useless work.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The MS-DOS filesystem is nice for removable media.  -- H. Peter Anvin