Re: Bits from the RM

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 18:47, Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 12:36:42PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > I would personally *love* to see SELinux integrated into the
> > installation process, at least as an option.  Russel, can you give us an
> > idea of what remains to be done for this to happen?
>
> I'm curious about the future of SELinux.  Now the MS has convinced the
> NSA that creating SELinux was a mistake, is it still going to be
> maintained?  Who is working on it?

After that FUD was published the following was posted to the SE Linux list.

Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:07:22 -0400
From: "Wagner, Grant" <gmw@tycho.ncsc.mil>
To: selinux@tycho.nsa.gov
Subject: RE: NSA moving away from SELinux?????

The National Security Agency remains committed to operating system security
research in general and specifically in continuing our research using the
Security-enhanced Linux prototype.  Our relationships with open source
researchers have been very beneficial and we hope to continue and expand
such relationships in the future.

Grant M. Wagner
Technical Director
Secure Systems Research Office