Re: Different logging formats, standardization...

> PAM_unix[10755]: authentication failure; (uid=0) -> **unknown** for imap service

Oh, i forgot... courier-imap doesn't log to auth.log itself; it logs to
mail.log, even authentication failures.
imaplogin: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[::ffff:<ip>]

Now we have another difficult thing with syslog: should a mail
authentication failure be logged to LOG_AUTHPRIV or LOG_MAIL?

Greetings,
Erich

--
        erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)        --        GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C
     A man doesn't know what he knows until he knows what he doesn't know.