Re: pbuilder sid chroot libpcap0

Brian May wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can't seem to create a sid chroot, required to build one of my
> packages for unstable, because libpcap0 doesn't seem to be available
> in unstable (according to <URL:http://packages.debian.org/libpcap0 and
> madison).
>
> Whats wrong here?

There is no such package anymore :-)

auric!joey(pts/17):~> elmo -d unstable libpcap
libpcap-dev   unstable  0.6.2-2     hurd-i386
libpcap-dev   unstable  0.7.1-1     alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
libpcap-ruby  unstable  0.6-4       alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc, source
libpcap0.7    unstable  0.7.1-1     alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
libpcap       unstable  0.7.1-1     source

The new version of libpcap installs the binary package as libpcap0.7 now.
(elmo is in ~joey/bin and performs a substring match if -e is omitted).

> Why does pbuilder even need to install libpcap0?

Probably because a package with a broken dependency was left over.
That's just a rough guess, though.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Every use of Linux is a proper use of Linux.  -- Jon "Maddog" Hall