Re: lack of libbz2 bindings [Was: Packages.bz2, ...]

I demand that Stefano Zacchiroli may or may not have written...

> On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 01:24:51PM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
>> You misread the mail. .gz will continue to be available, .bz2 will be
>> there as well and the uncompressed files will be dropped.

> <quote>
>    Similarly, the Contents-*.gz files for unstable will probably be
>    switching to .bz2 in the not too distant future.
> </quote>

> "switching" sound to me like "changing in favour of", but in facts I'm not
> a native english speaker. Sorry.

It looks to me like it's the files themselves which are doing the
switching... applying s/switching/switched/ gives "switched to". Would I be
right in saying that only the filenames will be changed? ;-)

I'd happily settle for "deprecated in favour of" (and dropped after sarge is
released [1]) since this should allow those of us who are running stable [2]
to grab the occasional binary package from testing or, possibly, unstable.

[1] As opposed to "after sarge releases".

[2] On humanbrain-linux, if you're wondering. ;-)

--
| Darren Salt       | nr. Ashington, | linux (or ds) at
| Linux PC, Risc PC | Northumberland | youmustbejoking
| No Wodniws here   | Toon Army      | demon co uk
|   We've got Shearer, you haven't

Join the group mind - become a Borg.