Re: bugs.debian.org: ChangeLog closes handling should be changed

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 08:48:31AM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>  What we need is a change here: Bugs should just be closed in unstable.
> How to do this?  They should be rather be tagged <sarge> than be closed
> by an upload to unstable.  Not unconditionally, of course.  The version
> of the bugreport should be compared with the version currently in
> testing.  Some sort of algorithm not too complex but able to handle most
> of the cases shouldn't be too hard to do (yes, I volunteer to help
> there).

Then bugs will me marked as sarge, even though they might be bugs
specific to unstable.

It would be much better to remove the sid tag when it gets uploaded
to unstable, turn off the sarge tag when it goes into testing, and
turn of the woody tag if it is lucky enough to get into stable.

(of course this assumes that the tags were already set, preferably when
the bug is first reported)

PS. Please look at http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting, and search
for "X-Debbugs-CC".
--