License-fee exemption for mp3 decoders removed?

Hmmmm.... just read at Slashdot that Thomson and Fraunhofer have changed their
minds and now want to charge for mp3 decoders, too (?).

The Slashdot note also says that RedHat is going to remove all the mp3 players
from RawHide, their next distro, but they give no links and I can't find any
related note in the RedHat site in a quick search.

   The first link seems to make things clear, but I suppose I'm still in that
"too weird to believe it" state.

   Thoughts? May we remove every mp3 player in Sid? What about Woody?

Esteban Manchado Velázquez <zoso*demiurgo*org> - http://www.demiurgo.org
No software patents in Europe! - freepatents.org - proinnova.hispalinux.es
Join Amnesty International - http://www.amnesty.org/actnow

   PS: I'm CC'ing to debian-legal, although I'm not subscribed to that one.