Re: testing script

aj@azure.humbug.org.au (Anthony Towns) writes:

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 01:40:09PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > I was just told the script updating testing doesn't run at the moment.
> > Is that true? If so, is there a reason? Are we already in freeze? :-)
>
> It's running, but it's not doing any good.

Actually, I'd like to point out that I think it *is* doing good... in that
it is providing exactly the distinction between unstable and testing that
it was designed to provide...

I'm sure most of you realize exactly what Anthony was really saying, which
is that many things aren't promoting from unstable to testing right now
because glibc is hung up... but I want to make sure his casual use of "not
doing any good" is taken in appropriate context... :-)

Bdale