Re: First experience with gcc-3.2 recompiles

On Monday 26 August 2002 18:55, you wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Gerhard Tonn wrote:
> > > apt: failed with "debian/rules:20: build/environment.mak: No such file
> > > or directory" gg: failed with "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ljpeg"
> > > hylafax: failed because textfmt wasn't built[1]
> > > latte: failed with "Your STL string implementation is unusable."
> > > nana: failed with "make: dh_testdir: Command not found"
> > > qnix: failed with "make: execvp: ./configure: Permission denied"
> >
> > I am going to write bug reports for build problems that are not gcc 3.2
> > specific.
>
> Do be a bit careful, APT didn't build because you changed the package
> (NMU version number) and didn't have autoconf/etc installed which are not
> needed otherwise.

I have started to subcategorize the failed packages. The subdirectory
gcc-3.2_specific contains the gcc-3.2 specific compile problems. The other
failed packages are still under investigation. I will rebuild them with
gcc-2.95 and without NMU versioning to verify the failure.

Gerhard