Re: compiling clamav with pbuilder

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 12:52:44 +1000, Brian May wrote:
> Wehn compiling clamav in a woody chroot with pbuilder, I get
> the following error:

I can't reproduce that here (freshly generated woody chroot for pbuilder;
clamav 0.24-1).

> (cd docs && ps2pdf clamdeb.ps clamdeb.pdf)
> **** Unable to open the initial device, quitting.
> make: *** [build-stamp] Error 255
> pbuilder: Failed autobuilding of package

ps2pdf uses gs to do the real work.

> Why does ps2pdf need to open a device, and what device is it trying to
> open?

You don't happen to have the GS_DEVICE environment variable set?

HTH,
Ray
--
These days we're all supposed to believe that everyone's opinion is equally
valid, but sometimes you just have to stand up and say "Your opinion is