Re: Dock Apps packaging, round 2

on Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 03:20:49PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote about Re: Dock Apps packaging, round 2:

> I agree there is a problem with how we currently deal with our packages and
> the archive.  But it is a techical problem requiring a technical solution.
> Making a few bundle packages is just like putting a bandage on a gaping
> wound.

Indeed, instead of creating work-arounds for a technical problem, the
root cause should be tackled. Moreover, solving this technical problem
should be easier than trying to produce another set of rules which
everybody agrees with.

Actually, the person doing the packaging itself should not even be
concerned about the Packages.gz file, because someone else is (or
should be) taking care of it.

--
lenaerts.frank@pandora.be

Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
-- Henry Spencer